Report: How Coupon Codes Are Influencing Online Purchase Decisions
We recently completed survey of more than 30,000 online shoppers from visits to our website. The survey revealed that:
- 26 percent of respondents also regularly use physical coupons but prefer the convenience of redeeming online discounts.
- 47 percent prefer to shop using mobile devices when e-commerce stores enable smooth experiences.
- 84 percent have abandoned an e-commerce purchase because of problems with checking out.
- 83 percent receive coupons by advertiser email, 66 percent by social media, 48 percent by mobile app or push notification and 44 percent through word of mouth from others.
- Six in ten will stack coupons, when possible, to achieve greater savings.