1. Types of Personal Information We Collect
Personal Information is information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact an individual. It also includes other information that may be associated with Personal Information. We collect the following types of Personal Information:
- Contact Information that allows us to communicate with you, such as your name, postal addresses, email addresses, social media website user account names, telephone numbers, or other addresses at which you receive communications from or on behalf of blippr.com.
- Relationship Information that helps us to understand who you are and what types of stores, products, and advertisements you might like. This includes lifestyle, preference, and interest information; geographic information such as your state/province, city, or neighborhood; the types of coupons that interest you; information collected from social media interactions (such as via Facebook Connect); and demographic information (e.g., birth date, age, gender).
- Transaction Information about how you interact with the Services, such as the coupons you view and redeem and the stores you prefer; other information about how you use our Services, email, other communications, and applications; and how you interact with blippr.com’s merchants, business partners, and service providers.
- Location Information that allows us to periodically determine your geolocation, such as your location relative to nearby merchants or your presence within a mall or store (e.g., near a checkout, aisle, or entrance). Please see the Your Choices section under the heading “mobile” for information on how to limit the
- Location Information that blippr.com may collect from the Services operating on a mobile device.
- Analytics Information about your use of our Services, such as your IP address, access time, device ID or other unique identifier (e.g., Android advertising ID), domain name, screen views, language information, device name and model, operating system type, and your activities on our Services. For example, information collection by our Services via a mobile device may include the following: (i) the names of the other applications on your mobile device and, if you use an Android-based mobile device, how you use them (e.g., frequency and duration of use); (ii) if you use an Android-based mobile device, the URL addresses of the webpages you access; (iii) information about your mobile device (e.g., make, model, operating system, and other similar information, but not phone number); (iv) information about your use of features, functions, or clicks on notifications or content; and (v) the strength of signal, temperature, battery level, and unique identifier of a nearby Bluetooth® proximity beacon.
2.How We Collect Personal Information
We may ask you for Personal Information when you register, subscribe, create an account, or otherwise interact with the Services or contact blippr.com. For example, you may be required to provide us with Contact Information or Relationship Information in order to register for certain services.
We also collect Transaction Information if you contact us via telephone, email, text, postal mail, social media interaction, or other methods of communication, such as for customer support purposes.
If you use a social media platform, a mobile device or other third-party method of communication to interact with blippr.com or the Services, that platform may have a specific privacy statement that governs the use of Personal Information related to that platform. If you have questions about the security and privacy settings of your mobile device, please refer to instructions from your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
If you use the Services on a mobile device and your mobile device’s settings allow it, we may collect Personal Information from your mobile device. For example, if you have permitted your mobile device to transmit location data, we may collect your geolocation and time of day. In addition, if you have also enabled Bluetooth® functionality on your mobile device, our Services may determine your presence and duration within a location, such as a mall or store, based on the detection of signals from nearby Bluetooth® proximity beacons. Our application may be designed to collect information even if you are not logged into one of the Services. Please see the Your Choices section under the heading “mobile” for more information on how to limit the Location Information that blippr.com may collect from the Services operating on a mobile device.
From time to time, we may also supplement Personal Information with information collected from third parties, including demographic information, information about your interests, and similar information that the third parties have collected from other sources (which may include analytics data from third party websites). For example, we may collect information from third parties to enhance other information we have about you, to help us better understand you, and to otherwise enhance the Services.
3. How We Use Personal Information
blippr.com uses Personal Information to:
- Operate and improve our Services;
- Provide users with advertisements for products and services from merchants, including coupons based on variables such as stated and anticipated user interests, personal characteristics, and location;
- Evaluate eligibility of users for certain coupons, products or services;
- Evaluate the types of coupons, products or services that may be of interest to users;
- Track redemption of coupons and perform other analytics;
- Provide user support, including to our merchants or business partners;
- Fulfill requests for blippr.com services;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about blippr.com and our merchants and business partners, such as blippr.com news, special offers and coupons, announcements, and marketing materials;
- Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages service bulletins, or marketing;
- Provide commercial notifications when you arrive at, linger near or leave places;
- Infer the location of the places you visit most often, determine your frequency at these locations, and send notifications when you arrive at or leave those places;
- Provide advertisements to you through the Services, third-party sites, email messages, text messages, mobile-push notifications, or other methods of communication;
- Administer surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored by us or our partners;
- Create user profiles that may contain inferences about users such as age range, income range, gender, and interests;
- Allow you to apply for a job, post a video or sign up for special offers from third parties through the Services; and
- Carry out other purposes that are disclosed to you and to which you consent.
4. When and Why We Disclose Personal Information
We may share your Personal Information as required or permitted by law as described below:
- With affiliated companies (e.g., subsidiaries and other companies owned by or controlled by blippr.com) who may only use the Personal Information for the purposes described in Section 3 above;
- With our service providers that provide services for us to assist us in carrying out the purposes described in Section 3 above such as sending emails, push notifications, or SMS messages on our behalf and conducting surveys or sweepstakes on our behalf. Qualcomm Retail Solutions, Inc., for example, is a service provider that enables certain geo-location features of our mobile-device applications. Consequently, Qualcomm Retail Solutions, Inc. and its affiliates collect, store, and process, on blippr.com’s behalf, certain Location Information and related data on servers in the United States. Our service providers are bound by law or contract to protect Personal Information and are only allowed to use the Personal Information in accordance with the terms of our service agreements with them;
- Merchants, but only to the extent you have redeemed a coupon offered by the merchant, or participated in an offer, contest or other activity sponsored or offered through blippr.com on behalf of the merchant;
- blippr.com business partners or advertisers, as part of an offer, contest, or other activity that is provided by or in conjunction with blippr.com and its business partners and in which you have elected to participate. For example, if you are referred to blippr.com from a business partner’s website or through an invitation facilitated by or in conjunction with a blippr.com business partner, blippr.com may provide that business partner with Contact Information and
- Transactional Information to validate the referral and to support the terms of the relationship between blippr.com and the business partner, which may allow such business partner to contact you directly and to advertise to you;
5. Cookies and Related Technologies
When you use our Services, we collect certain information by automated or electronic means, using technologies such as cookies, flash local storage objects, pixel tags, web beacons, browser analysis tools, and web server logs. As you use our Services, your browser and devices communicate with servers operated by us, our business partners and services providers to coordinate and record the interactivity and fill your requests for services and information. Additional information on how to opt-out of certain tracking features is set forth in the Your Choices section below.
The information from cookies and related technology is stored in web server logs and also in web cookies kept on your computers or mobile devices, which are then transmitted back to our Services by your computers or mobile devices. These servers are operated and the cookies managed by us, our business partners or our service providers.
We collect many different types of information from cookies and other technologies. For example, we may collect information from the devices you use to access our Services, your operating system type or mobile device model, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone of your device. Browsers routinely send these types of information to web servers. Our server logs also record the Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses of the devices you use to interact with the Services. An IP address is a unique identifier that devices use to identify and communicate with each other on the Internet. We may also collect information about the website you were visiting before you came to our Services and the website you visit after you leave our Services, if this information is supplied to us by your browser.