They say it’s the happiest place on earth; a dream destination for many children of all ages. Disneyland theme park in Anaheim, California is home to hundreds of rides and activities for an extended time of family fun.
With two theme park options, entertaining resorts and hotels to stay at during your adventure and so many other attractions to seek out and enjoy, it may seem like a trip like this costs a fortune.
But it turns out that whoever is included on your fun adventure, you can find ways to save on your ticket prices. Create memories that last a lifetime without breaking the bank. It’ll take a little bit of intention and work. With the right planning and plan packages, you can head out on an affordable adventure sure to bring delight to all.
10 Most Popular Ways to Get Discount Disneyland Tickets
To help you get started in planning your perfect family vacation, here we share 10 of the best ways you can get discounted Disneyland tickets for you and your family or friends.
- Get Discounts Directly from Disney – At various times throughout the year, you can special offers and discounts available on the Disneyland website. Based on where you plan on going and who is in your party, you could find some great savings opportunities quickly and easily. Finding deals right through Disneyland ensure that the offers are valid and are easy to use at check-out.
- Use the Southern California CityPASS – If you’re planning on checking out other great family-friendly activities during your trip to California, check out their CityPASS. This offer allows you to bundle your park visits to Legoland, SeaWorld, San Diego Zoo and Disneyland. By grouping your experiences together, you can have a greater opportunity to save on your extended stay.
- Save as a California Resident – If you live and work in California, you may be eligible for extra discount opportunities to help you save on your next trip to Disneyland. Teachers may receive special discounts as well as college students who attend school in the area. Also, your employer may also offer some discounted tickets if you’re in Southern California.
- Visit During the Right Time – If you have some flexibility with your schedule, visit Disneyland during a slower time of the year such as during the months of February, May, August or September. You can often find ticket prices at a much lower rate due to the slower seasons. In addition to lower prices, you’ll also have to navigate through smaller crowds to reach the rides and activities you want.
- Choose One Park at a Time – If you want to just visit one park per day, choose the “1-Park per Day” ticket option. Unlike the Park Hopper ticket option, you won’t be able to jump from Disney California Adventure and Disneyland in the same day. However, these ticket prices are also lower than the Park Hopper option, saving you money if you just want to tackle one park in a day.
- Use Park Hopper for Flexibility – If you’re planning out an extended stay with the anticipation of moving from attraction to attraction, choose the flexibility of a Park Hopper multiple day ticket option. If you’re planning on spending a few days in the area, select the ticket option for the number of days you’re staying at one time, rather than purchasing separate, individual 1-day tickets. As you increase the number of days of your stay, you’ll also lower your overall cost-per-day.
- Military Discounts – With your military ID and buying your ticket in advance, you may be eligible to receive discounted tickets as military personnel. In appreciation for your service, these discounts may be available for active duty, reserve, national guard, retired and DOD employees. Check with your local benefits provider to see what you may be eligible for.
- Consider an Annual Pass for Frequent Visits – If you and your family find yourself at Disneyland quite frequently, it may be worth looking into signing up for an annual pass. With your annual pass, you’ll receive savings and discounts on other features of your visit like merchandise and dining experiences. Be sure to weigh the cost with these savings potential as well before signing up for an annual pass.
- Visit During the Week – If you have some flexibility with your schedule of when you want to visit Disneyland and Southern California, choose value tickets available on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Once you move your days to the weekends or other peak times, ticket prices increase.
- Use Reputable Discount Ticket Sites – While there’s certainly a level of care required in navigating purchasing discounted tickets, you may be able to find great deals on sites like Groupon or Undercover Tourist. Before purchasing tickets from a third-party site, be sure to confirm the legitimacy of the offer to avoid scams. If done accurately and safely, you can get tickets at a great discounted price.
A trip to Southern California for a time of family fun doesn’t have to set you back in your budget. With easy ways to save money with discounted tickets to Disneyland, you can plan a trip well and confidently. While finding these deals takes a little bit of planning, the opportunities for savings are worth it. Discover how you can find discounted tickets on your next family adventure to make memories that last a lifetime.