|1||$60||Rated 5 stars|
|2||$50||Rated 5 stars|
|3||$20||Rated 4.5 stars|
|4||$30||Rated 4.5 stars|
|5||$14||Rated 4.5 stars|
Forms have a variety of useful purposes. Small businesses utilize them all the time for customer surveys or lead generation. They can help gather contact information in ways that are far more accurate and efficient than the old way of doing things.
As ALL information turns into data stored digitally, it is important to completely make the transition to collecting, organizing, storing and referencing important information through an online form builder.
Where can you find the best online form builder free or for a small cost?
The Top Rated Form Building Software
- Gravity Forms – It is the easiest form plugin that WordPress offers. Gravity Forms is affordable and also comes with a variety of features. A WordPress form can get published in minutes. Options include a visual form editor, multiple page forms, order forms, as well as conditional fields.
- Ninja Forms – It is the most flexible WordPress form builder yet. Ninja Forms is just as easy as Gravity Forms, but with more features. It features a drag and drop interface. Best of all, it’s completely free to use.
- Formstack – You can customize, brand and launch an online form in a matter of minutes. Formstack will create surveys, order forms, event registrations, and signup forms for your SMB. The app is also mobile friendly so you can publish virtually anywhere.
- WuFoo – The application is made for helping online users create and build great forms. Forms designed on Wufoo automatically build a database which makes the backend and scripts you need for collecting and understanding data incredibly simple.
- WPForms – It is easy to use and has a drag and drop feature like the other top rated form builder apps on this list. WPForms is also mobile-friendly with no coding required for any type of form creation. A rock solid creation form builder for beginners.
Most Important Features For Form Builders Online
It is essential to have a software that is easy to use when it comes to selecting a web form builder that fits you and your organization’s needs.
Here are 7 important features you’ll want to be sure you have access to:
- Integration – You probably have a lot of things going on in your projects. The last thing you want to do is convert all your content and information you have into a format that a form builder will accept, and vice versa.
- Number of available forms – Depending on the version you select, you may be limited to being able to create just a few forms. If you’re looking to develop multiple, diverse forms – you’ll need a builder that can accommodate multiple forms.
- Mobile-friendly – People are on their phones a lot. For many people, a lot of the work they do is right on their phone – checking emails, setting reminders, and yes, even filling out forms they receive. Like anything these days you need the forms to be mobile responsive and look great on tablets and smartphones.
- Customization – A survey for an insurance company is going to look different than an order form for a bakery. You need something that you can customize for your brand. Most builders provide you templates you can choose from, or, you can create your own.
- Analytics – Whatever your purpose is in sending out a website form, you’ll want to know what’s happening as a result of your form. Analytics are essential.
- Sharing Options – Once you have the form built, you’ll need a way to share it with your intended audience. Most web form builders have multiple sharing options to fit you and your organization’s needs.
- Customer Service – If you are not the most savvy with computers or implementing new features on a website, you’ll also want to consider the customer service of the software provider.
Free Form Builders vs. Paid Options
Many web form builders come with a free version. This basic version often has very limited features and functionalities. These restrictions may include a set number of available forms that you can publish, a few templates, and limited customization.
However, it is a good place to start if you just want to try seeing what a form could do for data collection and do not need a wide number of them on your website.
For example, someone with just a need for a contact form, and maybe the occasional questionnaire will do perfectly fine with just a basic, free plug-in for new forms.
A free version may get upgraded from there for additional tools and features. The costlier plug-ins for WP forms or another custom editor have more features and analytics as you might expect. They also allow you to go beyond the basic templates if you really want a lot of control over the presentation of the form as well.
Overall, it all depends on what you are seeking. Professional companies that want a serious online presence and rely on it for the majority, or all of their income should definitely consider an upgrade. Even the pricier new form designers are not outrageously priced.
Reasons to Add New Forms to Your Website/Blog
What purpose are you trying to accomplish? Forms serve a number of different purposes:
- Lead Generation
- Customer Feedback
- Product/ Check-Out
- Contact Forms
There are some plug-ins that will even accept payment through the form which is a really great luxury.
Finding the Best Form Template
There are a lot of form builders that come with pre-set templates that make it easy for you to create a form quickly.
If you’re going for a professional look, does the template and question format match that image of your brand? There are ways to go beyond the basic templates and designs provided with the free or cheap software apps for new forms.
The builder can do everything for you in this regard or very little and let you take over the complete presentation. It really all depends on how much control you want over the design of the theme and template.
Often the most basic custom features include color, type of font, size of font and other basic adjustments. Paid versions can get you complete control over the design or template through HTML coding, or something in-between with a general template as well as some customization.