You want your website to be efficient and look great? Did you know that a well-designed website that is easy to navigate and fun to use can greatly boost your business’ popularity? If you want to bring in and keep more customers, a great web form builder is what you need. Forms can be done by a professional programmer, but that could cost you a lot of money. Instead, web-based form builders are available.
Web form builders are hosted software applications (SaaS) that build your website into an attractive, easy to navigate page. These are great for business websites, blogs, hobby sites, and more. Web form builders are made to make your website more organized, clean, and simple, while still having your products and services in plain sight. To learn more about web form builders and where to find them, read on.
The Best Form Builders
|1||Gravity Forms||Save 20% on lifetime license|
|2||Ninja Forms||Get 25% off Pro version|
Most Important Features For Online Form Software
Forms can be used for many different purposes. From customer surveys to lead generation to contact details, you want to reach people efficiently and accurately for info they want to share. With an increase in gathering this valuable data digitally – as opposed to a phone call or mail-in survey – there are several web form builders you can choose from. But, not all builders are created equally. In selecting a web form builder that fits you and your organization’s needs, it’s essential to have a software that is easy to use. You’re busy so you shouldn’t have to spend a lot your time trying to figure out how to set up and manage a form builder.
In determining which web form builder is best for you, check out the features that are offered. Here are 7 important features you’ll want to be sure you have access to:
- Integration – You probably have a lot of things going on in your projects. The last thing you want to do is convert all your content and information you have into a format a form builder will accept, and vice versa. Many web form builders have integration with other apps and software systems you’re already using, with connections to tools such as Google Docs and WordPress. Choose a builder that will fit in well with your overall company workflow.
- Number of available forms – Depending on the version you select, you may be limited to being able to create just a few forms. If you’re looking to develop multiple, diverse forms, you’ll need a builder that can accommodate offering multiple forms.
- Mobile-friendly – People are on their phones a lot. For many people, a lot of the work they do is right on their phone – checking emails, setting reminders, and yes, even filling out forms they receive. But have you ever had the experience of wanting to search for something or complete some task on your phone and can’t because the site or form isn’t mobile-friendly? Having a web form building software that is compatible with a mobile device is not only beneficial but essential. Serve your clients well by allowing them to easily complete a survey, order or other form with just their phone.
- Customization – A survey for an insurance company is going to look different than an order form for a bakery. In selecting a form builder, you want to be sure that you’ll be able to choose how the form looks and how it’s presented to the recipient. Most builders provide you templates you can choose from, or, you can create your own by specifying exactly what you want the form to look like. Choose from question formats like multiple choice, fill-in-the-blank, short answer and others. It’s your form – you choose what it should look like.
- Sharing Options – Once you have the form built, you’ll need a way to share it with your intended audience. Most web form builders have multiple sharing options to fit you and your organization’s needs. You can send it via email, which is great if you have a pre-set email list ready to go. Often, you can also send it by posting, Tweeting and sharing the URL associated with the created form. You can even embed the form into your existing website, depending on your system and preferences. Whatever method works best for your needs, choose a builder that will make sharing and sending the form smooth and easy.
- Customer Service – You’re on a tight deadline and still can’t get a survey form finished. You’ve tried and tried but just can’t seem to get it exactly how you want it. In these types of situation, having a web form builder with a reliable and helpful customer service system is valuable. For many form building sources, you can reach out to a representative to chat via phone or instant message. Check out a discussion board to see if another user has experienced the same problems as you seem to be facing. Read through a list of frequently asked questions to get your problem resolved. When you’re short on time and are navigating a problem in creating a website form, it’s helpful to have a reliable customer service resource that can keep you moving forward.
- Analytics – Whatever your purpose is in sending out a website form, you’ll want to know what’s happening as a result of your form. Analytics are essential. Choose a web form builder that has a clear presentation of analytics from the form you’ve created and shared. Whether in a spreadsheet or other simple and straightforward presentation, you’ll want to use a builder that will gather all that valuable analytic data for you.
The Top Rated Form Building Software
- Gravity Forms – Gravity Forms is the easiest form plugin that WordPress offers. It is known as the best contract form plugin for sites powered by WordPress. Gravity Forms is affordable, easy to use, and comes with a variety of features. You can publish your WordPress forms in a matter of minutes. You simply select fields, configure your options, and then embed forms on your site powered by WordPress using the ready to use tools. Choose from a visual form editor, multiple page forms, order forms, and conditional fields to create your best website. These forms are meant to be sleek, simple, and easy to use when they are up and running on your site.
- Ninja Forms – Ninja Forms is the most flexible WordPress form builder yet. It’s just as easy as the Gravity Forms, but with more features. Your forms will be created with a modest drag and drop interface. When you download this absolutely free form option, you can use it for contact forms, email collection forms, and whatever forms you want on you WordPress site. Ninja Forms is known as the form creation solution for WordPress. It’s simple, fun, and easy to navigate. You can design complex forms in no time with no confusing codes. For those who are more experienced with web development, Ninja Forms come with hooks and filters that you can use to create anything you want.
- Formstack – With Formstack, you can customize, brand and launch an online form in a matter of minutes. Formstack can create surveys, order forms, event registrations, signup forms, and much more. This could come in handy for businesses that use ecommerce features, host volunteer orgs, and more. Formstack also comes with drag and drop tools, is brandable for themes, embed codes, and more. Best of all, it is mobile friendly so you can publish virtually anywhere.
- WuFoo – This application is made for helping online users create and build great forms. Forms designed on Wufoo automatically build a database which makes the backend and scripts you need for collecting and understanding data incredibly simple. With Wufoo you also get custom branding, instant notifications, as well as logic and branching.
- WPForms –
Form Software Frequently Asked Questions
Have you heard of the website form builder before? Does the builder have company clients that you know and trust? Greater popularity of a builder often means the features are worthwhile and the system is easy to use. Take the recommendations of organizations you trust and value. Read the reviews of previous and current clients.
Who are the forms designed for?
What purpose are you trying to accomplish in developing website forms? You can use them for a variety of reasons:
If you’re interested in enhancing e-commerce, some web form builders are specially designed to provide payment integration in forms.
If you want to generate leads by collecting contact information, there are builders that maintain simplicity yet are highly customizable to draw the attention of your viewers.
Do you want to send out a survey to gather valuable data from your customers or clients? Choose a builder that meets your needs for form length and viewing results.
Does it fit with my brand?
Many website form builders come with pre-set templates that make it easy for you to create a form quickly. But before you hit “share,” be sure the template and format of the form are on brand for your company or organization. If you’re going for a professional look, does the template and question format match that image? If you’re going for a more laid-back, personable approach, does the template and format communicate that unique and personal image?
What are the costs?
Many web form builders come with a free version. This basic version often has very limited features and functionalities – limitations that may bring frustrations later on. These restrictions may include a set number of available forms, minimal view of results and few available templates.
To upgrade from a free version, there are form builders for all price points. With a higher price, you’ll often get more in-depth, detailed and more custom options – but to an extent. Be careful not to overpay too much for features that another provider may offer for free.