Although Mad Mimi is designed for businesses of all sizes, its basic platform and limited features make it an ideal email marketing option for small businesses. The makers of Mad Mimi have taken a step back from corporate, promotional emails to create simple, clean and straightforward email campaigns.
Ease of Use
Mad Mimi offers flexible, mobile-friendly email templates that can be customized as little or as much as you wish. The templates attempt to remove the intimidation of commercial emails and provide only necessary content to subscribers. Add your website or blog content to your email using the RSS to email add-on. After you make your custom template, Mad Mimi allows you to save it to duplicate and reuse. All list management tools are on one page so you’ll never get lost. Upload an existing contact list through CSV file, or build your list through Mad Mimi’s customizable sign-up form add-on which can be installed onto your website. Create unlimited segmented contact lists, and schedule targeted emails based on segmentations. Mad Mimi will automatically remove duplicate emails, bounces and unsubscribes from your contact list.
Mad Mimi does not get too deep into the analytics of your email campaign. View basic statistics such as opens, clicks, forwards, unsubscribes and bounces via pie chart, as well as individual subscriber stats. Real time tracking is available, and you can compare multiple campaign results. You can integrate the email platform with Google Analytics as an add-on feature, giving you much more in-depth email campaign statistics. Another add-on feature is autoresponder emails based on subscribers’ actions.
Mad Mimi does not offer customer service support through phone, however the platform does offer a very responsive live chat and 24/7 email support. Live chat is not available on weekends and after 6 p.m. on weekdays. The “Help” section of the website offers searchable frequently asked questions and video tutorials.
- SSL for safe and secure information during transactions
- Expert team constantly working to maximize delivery
- Advanced add-on features available such as multiple users and custom domains
- Can integrate with social media, CRM, eCommerce websites and other programs
Sample Pricing (monthly)
- Basic Plan
- $10-$27 for 500-5,000 subscribers
- Pro Plan
- $42-$139 for 10,000-35,000 subscribers
- Silver Plan
- $199-$749 for 50,000-250,000 subscribers
- Gold Plan
- $1,049-$1,499 for 350,000-500,000 subscribers
- A free plan is available, for up to 100 subscribers
- No A/B Testing – Although split testing is not available, you can compare the results of two different campaigns against each other.
- Limited Design Options – While Mad Mimi strives to produce simple emails, many users feel that the email editor is a bit too limited and restricts them from getting their emails to look exactly the way they want.
- Features Not Immediately Available – Many features such as autoresponders, RSS to email, integrations, sign-up forms and more need to be “turned on.” Some users didn’t seem bothered by this while others found it inconvenient. Most add-ons are free, but some cost money.