Green isn’t just a name, it’s the philosophy behind Green Chef. From sustainable sourced organic foods to recycled and recyclable packaging, Green Chef makes the effort to not just deliver ingredients for healthy meals to your doorstep, but to care for the environment in the process.
With Green Chef you choose from a 2-Person Plan or a Family Plan that serves four. The 2-Person Plan consists of three meals per week, each ready in about 30 minutes. The Family Plan features two meals per week, each ready in 30 to 45 minutes.
Under the 2-Person Plan, there are basic omnivore and vegetarian meals along with keto, paleo, vegan, and gluten-free meals. There is some overlap, with dishes from the special-diet plans appearing in the omnivore menu. Some of the plans only have three meals per week available, so if you choose one of those plans you don’t get to pick your meals.
- Keto (3 meals), with dishes like cumin-roasted pork chops with roasted veggies with cotija, chimichurri, and pepitas and Cajun shrimp with bacon with braised collards, red peppers, and tomato sauce.
- Paleo (3 meals), with dishes such as Cuban chicken with chimichurri, bell pepper, almonds and raisins, and sweet potato mash and pork chops with braised apple, broccoli, and beet and carrot slaw with tahini sauce.
- Vegan (3 meals) recipes include Korean veggie stir-fry with broccoli, shiitakes, bell pepper, edamame, and rice and sage pumpkin flatbreads with apple and balsamic onion and broccoli slaw with beets.
- Gluten-Free (3 meals) dishes such as cumin-spiced steak with cheesy potatoes and arugula and fig salad and saag halloumi with curried spinach, rice, and mango-coconut chutney.
- Omnivore, which offers a choice of six meals such as Italian breaded pork chops with barley and mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, and Parmesan cheese and butternut squash linguine with roasted broccoli and mushrooms with basil pistou and pecans.
- Vegetarian, which offers five meals such as chickpea curry with potatoes and apple slaw with cabbage and cilantro coconut chutney and kabocha squash and barley soup with gremolata with caramelized fennel and Caesar salad.
If you’d like enough servings of one of the 2-Person Plan meals to feed four or six people, you may request two or three boxes to get double or triple the servings.
Family Plans offer a choice of omnivore or carnivore meals. Carnivore meals are both based around animal proteins, while the omnivore has one meat-based recipe and one vegetarian recipe. Some of the meals are the same as those on the 2-Person Plans and some meals are unique to the Family Plan.
You can check each recipe to see which dietary requirements it may fall under, even if it’s not under a specific meal plan. For example, both the omnivore recipes on the Family Plan may end up being gluten-free one week.
After you select your meals, select a day for delivery then sit back and relax while you wait for your box to arrive.
What Makes Green Chef Special?
Green Chef takes pride in using non-GMO and certified organic ingredients. Unlike most other meal kit delivery services, Green Chef chops all the vegetables for you, to help save even more time in the kitchen.
They have an extensive blog with additional recipes and tips for the healthy lifestyle and meal plan of your choice, helping you to make the best decisions about your food for all the meals you eat that aren’t delivered by Green Chef.
Nearly all the elements of the Green Chef packaging are recyclable or reusable. They try innovative new methods for packaging to deliver the freshest foods while also practicing sustainability.
Both Family Plans are $10.99 per serving. The omnivore, vegetarian, gluten-free, and vegan 2-Person Plans are $11.99 per serving. The paleo and keto plans are $12.99 per serving. Shipping costs $6.99 for each box; if you order multiples of a plan one week they may come in separate boxes, which means multiple shipping fees.
- Offers popular special diets such as paleo and keto.
- Paleo, keto, and gluten-free plans are all certified gluten-free.
- Vegetables are pre-cut to make prep time faster.
- Not many options for the number of meals you can choose each week.
- Does not deliver to Alaska, Hawaii, and parts of Louisiana.
This is definitely a meal delivery service for foodies who enjoy new flavors and people who want to expand their palates. Green Chef is ideal for anyone who’s gotten stuck in a rut on a paleo or keto diet and wants to elevate their game with exciting new dishes.
- Editor Rating
- Rated 4 stars
- Green Chef
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified: