Shutterfly offers a huge variety of personalized photos gifts, keepsakes and products. The company focuses on sharing and documenting memories in a unique way through allowing you to put photos on almost any product you can think of.
• Photo books
• Cards, invitations and stationary
• Photo prints
• Canvas prints
• Pet products
Ease of Use
Shutterfly’s online editor is fairly simple and intuitive. The platform is organized and clearly labeled. If you are unsure of a function, hover your mouse over it and a description will pop up. Upload photos to your project from your computer, Facebook, Instagram or Google Photos. From there, you can create your own designs or use Shutterfly’s premade layouts and idea pages. Drag and drop photos to fill in your layout, and add any desired embellishments and backgrounds. You can add additional embellishments and backgrounds to your project by easily searching through Shutterfly’s library. Shutterfly will add your chosen embellishments and backgrounds to your project so you can reuse them. One thing that can be frustrating for users is that you have to switch to “Advanced Editing” mode for custom edits such as resizing photos, changing fonts and more. Shutterfly offers grids and alignment options in this editing mode. When your design is complete, preview it in high quality mode to ensure all photos will print properly. Share all of your uploaded photos with family and friends through Shutterfly’s free private websites.
Shutterfly’s customer support team is available via live chat, email with a 24 hour response time, and phone with the following hours: Monday 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.; Tuesday through Saturday 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.; and Sunday 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., PST. Shutterfly also features a help center with articles on multiple topics and the ability to search for a specific topic, as well as a section with ideas and inspirations.
Shutterfly is free to use and payment is only required when you purchase a product.
• Photo books – Starting at $15.99; custom designed photo books are available for an additional fee of $9.99
• Cards and invitations – Starting at $1.27 per invitation
• Photo prints – Starting at $0.15 per print
• Wall calendars – Starting at $29.98
Shutterfly does offer savings plans for ordering prints:
• Annual Print Plan – $29.99 annually; save 30% on prints
• Prepaid 4×6 Plans – Starting at $24; prepay for a certain amount of 4×6 prints and get prints for as low as $0.09 per print
• Prepaid Portrait Plans – Starting at $29; prepay for a certain amount of portraits and save up to 40%
• Shutterfly always has special offers and promos for savings.
• Shutterfly’s 100% happiness guarantee states that if your order is flawed, they will replace it at no cost. If you made a mistake, Shutterfly will fix it and share the cost of replacing the order.
• Shutterfly offers free, unlimited and secure photo storage.
• Shutterfly has limited built-in photo editing options.
• Users have reported that Shutterfly has an average print quality compared to other services.
- Editor Rating
- Rated 4.5 stars
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified: