Bright Cellars Wine Club caters each shipment to your palate preferences, bringing customized wines you’re guaranteed to love to your doorstep every month. The wine experts focus on choosing boutique wines from small vineyards all over the globe for a unique wine tasting experience.
How it Works
Bright Cellars Wine Club learns your preferred tastes through an online quiz which asks you questions such as what your favorite type of chocolate is or how you take your iced tea. After the seven-question quiz, Bright Cellars Wine Club will show you four wine matches to be sent to your front door. Each month you will receive four different wines based on your profile preferences plus the Bright Points algorithm.
By comparing certain attributes of the wine to your preferences, this algorithm gives each wine a score of the accuracy of the match. After trying your wine, you can go online and rate each bottle. As you rate bottles, typically each shipment you receive will contain higher-matched wines. You will be assigned a personal wine concierge who you can also relay preferences to, as well as ask questions, give other feedback or just chat about wine.
What it Costs
Bright Cellars Wine Club costs $80 a month, plus $8 flat rate shipping and taxes (which vary by state). This pricing is brand new, as members who joined Bright Cellars Wine Club before Oct. 15, 2018 are locked into “legacy pricing” of $60 a month plus shipping and taxes. You are able to skip a month or cancel your membership at any time. Billing is monthly and ongoing.
- Bright Cellars Wine Club offers a Member Rewards Program that rewards you points for referrals. Redeem your points for bonus bottles or another item of your choice.
What People Like
- You can reorder your favorite bottles of wine.
- You can purchase a gift certificate of a certain amount. Recipients will take the palate preferences quiz themselves, and Bright Cellars Wine Club will send their wine matches directly to them.
- You can choose all red wines, all white wines or a mix of both. This question is asked in the initial quiz you must take.
- Through Bright Cellars Wine Club’s “Delight Guarantee,” if you’re matched with a bottle you don’t like, you can contact your wine concierge to get a free replacement bottle in the next month’s shipment.
- Bright Cellars Wine Club provides brief wine tasting notes and pairings with each wine.
- You can find more detailed wine information on Bright Cellars Wine Club’s blog,” From The Cellar,” such as pairings and recipes, wine education on varieties and regions, and even craft ideas involving wine corks and bottles.
What People ‘Wine’ About
- Bright Cellars Wine Club recently increased its prices. Prices seem to be expensive compared to other wine clubs of its kind.
- There are no custom billing options.
- A signature of someone 21 years of age or older is required for delivery.
- Bright Cellars Wine Club is limited in what states it can ship to.