Since 1999, Cellars Wine Club has been providing a wide range of wines to every type of wine-o. Cellars has options for every budget, taste and wine experience level, from first-time wine drinkers to wine connoisseurs. Cellars offer much more of a variety than other typical wine clubs.
How it Works
Cellars has 12 wine club to choose from:
- Bottle Club – One bottle per shipment for special occasions or gifts
- Premium Club – Two bottles of international wines per shipment
- International Club – Two bottles of premium international wines per shipment, with each shipment focusing on a different region
- Sweet Wines – Two bottles of sweet wines per shipment
- West Coast Club – Two bottles of California wines per shipment
- Sparkling Club – Two bottles of sparkling wines or champagnes per shipment
- Red Trio Club – Three bottles of high-quality red wines per shipment
- Natural Club – Two bottles of organic or biodynamic wines per shipment
- 90+ Point Club – Two bottles of wine ranked at 90+ points per shipment
- Premium, International and 90+ Point clubs also come with a case option to get 12 bottles per shipment instead of two.
For the one- to three-bottle clubs, choose ongoing or two to 12 shipments, with a frequency of monthly, every other month or quarterly. You can also pick the month you want your shipments to begin, and if you prefer two reds, two whites, or one red and one white (when applicable). For 12-bottle shipments, options include ongoing or up to four shipments, your start month and your wine preference. Only quarterly shipping is available. One you choose your desired club and have made all of your selections, Cellars’ expert wine team will handpick your wines.
What it Costs
With the cheapest option being two bottles of wine for $42, Cellars isn’t the best option for budget wine drinkers compared to other wine clubs.
- Bottle Club – $29 per shipment
- Premium Club – $42 per shipment
- International Club – $49 per shipment
- Sweet Wines – $49 per shipment
- West Coast Club – $49 per shipment
- Sparkling Club – $55 per shipment
- Red Trio Club – $59 per shipment
- Natural Club – $65 per shipment
- 90+ Point Club – $79 per shipment
- Premium Case Club – $139 per shipment
- International Case Club – $216 per shipment
- 90+ Point Case Club – $389 per shipment
Cellars does not have any fees for membership, cancellation or skipping a month. Shipping is free on all orders.
- Complimentary bottle of wine with first purchase when signing up for Cellars’ email newsletter.
- Case clubs offer 20-40% discounts on bottles.
What People Like
- Cellars’ “No Bad Bottle” Guarantee will replace a bottle that has gone bad or is damaged.
- Tasting notes are included with wines.
- Wine clubs are available as gifts.
- Choose a nonprofit to donate 15% of your purchase to at no extra charge.
What People ‘Wine’ About
- Very long shipping times.
- Can only gift wine clubs, and cannot let recipient choose what club. You also must purchase a two-month minimum.
- “No Bad Bottle” Guarantee does not include wines you don’t like.
- Editor Rating
- Rated 4.5 stars
- Cellars Wine Club
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified: