Plonk Wine Club focuses on providing members with rare and boutique wines from around the world, sourced from wineries in California, Europe, South America and other wine growing regions. Varieties include red, white and seasonal, all of which are organic and natural wines with no additives or chemicals.
How it Works
When you first join Plonk, build your shipment by selecting the type of wine you prefer, the number of bottles you want and your payment plan. Types of wine include all red wine, all white wine or a mix. Choose to receive either four or 12 bottles in each shipment. 12-bottle shipments include only four different types of wine, with three bottles of each.
Payment plans for four bottles include a three-, six- or 12-month plan that you pay for upfront, or an ongoing monthly subscription. With 12 bottles, choose to have them shipped monthly or quarterly. From there, the experts at Plonk will search the globe for one-of-a-kind wines to deliver to your doorstep.
What it Costs
Because of the uniqueness and quality of the wines, Plonk is on the pricier side. However, purchasing the same wines outside of Plonk’s membership will definitely cost you more. For all of the clubs – Red Wine Club, White Wine Club and Mixed Wine Club – four bottles costs $110 a shipment and 12 bottles costs $285 a shipment. If you choose a three-, six- or 12- month plan for the four-bottle option, don’t forget that you have to pay for all of your shipments upfront. Plonk offers free shipping on all orders, and no membership or cancellation fees.
- Receive discounted case pricing for the 12-bottle option.
- Sign up for Plonk’s newsletter and receive $10 off.
- Mystery cases available for separate purchase include a case of 12 bottles from past Plonk shipments for up to 40% off.
What People Like
- Plonk offers all natural and organic wines.
- You can reorder your favorite wines with free shipping.
- With every order, you receive an email with descriptions, tasting notes and food pairings for your wines.
- Your first shipment comes with a free corkscrew.
- You can send gifts through Plonk’s website.
What People ‘Wine’ About
- With Plonk’s gift option, you can only choose to gift a three-, six- or 12-month plan for four bottles, or a monthly or quarterly plan for 12 bottles. There is no one-time option.
- Plonk does not ship to Alaska, Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Georgia, Hawaii, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, Montana, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Utah and Vermont.
- Delivery requires a signature from an adult 21 years of age or older. The delivery carrier will make three attempts before returning the shipment. To reship your wines, you will be charged $32 for four bottles and $57 for 12 bottles.
- You cannot specifically choose the wine you want.
- When reordering your favorites, Plonk has a six-bottle minimum for orders, and a two-bottle minimum per wine selection.
- Editor Rating
- Rated 5 stars
- Plonk Wine Club
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified: