Started in 2012 as “Club W,” Winc brands itself as “The Netflix of Wine.” It’s reasonably affordable, yet still provides excellent wines catered to your palate and delivered through quality service.
How it Works
When you first join Winc, you will fill out a six-question quiz to determine your palate preferences. They call it a “Palate Profile Quiz,” and it asks questions such as how you take your coffee, if you prefer salt on your meals, if you like certain veggies and so on.
Similar to Netflix, after taking your quiz, Winc will suggest some red and white wines that seem to be a good fit for you. Choose which bottles you want Winc to send, or create a subscription for Winc to send you your top picks monthly. Once you’ve received your bottles of wine and tried them all, rate them on Winc’s website to help determine other wines you might like.
What it Costs
It’s free to become a Winc member. To receive Winc’s wines from its partner vineyards on your doorstep, monthly fees start at $39 for three bottles, plus $9 flat rate shipping and tax. If you order four or more bottles, shipping is free. Add additional bottles to your monthly shipment for $13 a bottle at the Featured membership level, or $14-$35 a bottle at the Select membership level. Those bottles suggested at the Select membership level are typically higher in quality. You can skip a monthly shipment at no charge, as long as you do so two days before your monthly processing date.
- For every friend you refer, receive $13 back in wine credits, and another $13 when your friend makes a second purchase.
- Get a 10% discount on orders of 12 bottles or more.
- Pre-purchase wine credits and save up to $100.
- Receive a $10 wine credit after your first 10 wine ratings.
What People Like
- Winc offers a wine for every lifestyle and every season, from fruity to dry, and even diet options.
- Winc’s wine experts suggest varieties that many wouldn’t normally choose on their own, helping them dive deeper into the wine world and try new things.
- No more guessing which type of wine you might like!
- Purchase single bottles spur of the moment in addition to your monthly shipment.
- Under its 100% guarantee, Winc will refund you if you don’t like a particular bottle of wine.
- Winc offers gift boxes starting at $50 as well as personalized gift cards. Send both straight to the recipient.
What People ‘Wine’ About
- Since you must be 21 or older to be a member, you have to be able to sign for your wine delivery. Winc sends shipping updates via text, but this can often be an inconvenience.
- Winc currently cannot ship to Alaska, Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Hawaii, Kentucky, Michigan, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Dakota or Utah. In other states, certain dry zip codes cannot receive wine deliveries.
- Editor Rating
- Rated 5 stars
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified: