Winecrasher recently stepped onto the scene in 2016. Although a newbie to the wine club world, Winecrasher’s model is quite innovative and impressive. This model guarantees high-quality international wines at the lowest prices, but there’s a bit of a catch… you don’t know the wine name and label until AFTER your purchase.
How it Works
When joining Winecrasher, you have three different monthly options to choose from: three bottles of red wine, three bottles of white wine, six bottles of a combination of both, or tailored. With the tailored option, Winecrasher experts will contact you and conduct an in-depth interview to get to know your preferences and handpick your wines for you. When choosing your wines for the 3 Bottle Red, 3 Bottle White or 6 Bottle Mix options, Winecrasher will tell you some information on the wine such as the region, vintage, grape varietals and tasting notes, but won’t tell you the name or label until your purchase is complete.
This allows Winecrasher to both protect the wineries and guarantee the lowest prices on the U.S. internet retail market. Winecrasher compares all prices via wine-searcher.com. All wines Winecrasher offers have a rating of 89+ points, rated by leading independent wine critics including Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate, Wine Spectator and Antonio Galloni’s Vinous Media. Winecrasher will deliver your wines on a monthly basis.
What it Costs
- 3 Bottle Red – $54.99 a month
- 3 Bottle White – $49.99 a month
- 6 Bottle Mix – $109.99 a month
- Tailored – $109.99 a month
Winecrasher offers $5 shipping to California, and claims to offer low flat rate shipping to other states. However, that rate can range from $14.99 to $19.99. There are no membership fees, and you can cancel your subscription at any time.
Winecrasher’s entire model offers pretty deep discounts on wine. The site also offers 30% off your first month’s subscription when you sign up.
What People Like
- Winecrasher offers the best wines at the lowest prices on the market.
- Winecrasher has a 30-day satisfaction guarantee, and will provide you with a replacement or a refund for the wine you don’t like.
- The Tailored option gives you wines handpicked just for you at the same price as the 6 Bottle Mix.
What People ‘Wine’ About
- Winecrasher does not offer any gift options.
- Winecrasher’s subscription options are limited to a certain number of bottles, and bi-monthly and quarterly delivery is not available.
- The 30-day satisfaction guarantee requires a $5 restocking fee. This is to prevent people from buying the wine just to see the label, then returning it.
- You don’t know the wine name or label until after you complete your purchase. This might not always be a bad thing, though… don’t judge a book by its cover, right?
- Winecrasher claims to have low flat rate shipping, but tacking on $14.99 to $19.99 to your monthly subscription seems a little pricey.
- Winecrasher does not ship to all states.
- Editor Rating
- Rated 5 stars
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified: