Vimeo, the video-sharing website often thought of as Youtube’s more creative cousin offers users 3 subscription plans – Basic, Plus and Pro.
Basic is for individuals creating videos perhaps as a hobby and Plus is for personal use too, just for more prolific amateur users.
The Vimeo Pro Plan has been specifically designed for business use and is the perfect platform for creative professionals to showcase their talents. Here is a breakdown of 10 of the best features in our Vimeo Pro review:
- Vimeo On Demand – In my personal opinion, the best feature is Vimeo on Demand. It is designed to help those who create episodic series and films sell their work. You can self-distribute and collect 90% of all revenues (after transaction costs). It gives you the freedom to set your own price and promote your work how you see fit. This service gives independent filmmakers and video creators the opportunity they need to get their name out in the big, wide world.
- Customizable Video Player – While all Vimeo plans allow customization to some extent, Pro goes above and beyond. You can change colours and themes but most importantly you can add your logo which can really help business promote brand awareness.
- Third-Party Player Support – This means your video is not limited to the Vimeo community and can be easily embedded onto other websites.
- 24 Hour Customer Support – Customer support is available 24 hours a day from Monday to Friday and all Pro users will be answered within 1 hour so no waiting around for problems to be resolved.
- Large Storage Capacity – With Vimeo Pro you can upload 1000GB of HD video per year. This works out at 20GB a week – Vimeo Plus offers just 5GB a week.
- Portfolios – You can show off your business with a fully customized portfolio of videos. They can be made public or private, use your own branding and have custom URLs.
- Device Compatibility – To reach as wide an audience as possible you can create videos that are automatically mobile-ready. Your videos will also be compatible with connected TVs.
- Advanced Stats – Vimeo Pro gives you the ability to get a good look at how well your videos are performing. It also offers you the chance to see when, where and for how long they are being viewed.
- Video Conversion Speed – Your videos are converted instantly. I think this speaks for itself really!
- Price – Last but definitely not least budget is always going to be a consideration and Vimeo Pro offers great value for money. There are other sites offering businesses and professionals video-sharing technology (Viddler, Wistia, Brightcove) but these can get pretty expensive. To take just one example, the cheapest plan Brightcove offer is $99 a month. Compare this to Vimeo Pro at just $199 a YEAR and you begin to see what a bargain it is!
Vimeo Pro has tons of other great feature and these are a few of my favorites. My advice would be to go and check it out and see for yourself everything it has to offer!
The Vimeo Pro Plan has been specifically designed for business use and is the perfect platform for creative professionals to showcase their talents. Here is a breakdown of 10 of the best features Vimeo Pro includes.